3rd Annual Fish Northwest Halibut Derby
Friday Harbor & Anacortes, May 5-6, 2023
1st Place $7000
2nd Place $2000
3rd Place $1000
Mystery Weight $1000
Payout will be 50% of proceeds to a maximum of $11,000.
Winners do not need to be present to win. Winners will be required to fill out a 1099 IRS form.
Entry is $100 per rod, all anglers on the boat must hold a ticket. Marine Areas 6-7 only. Each angler must have a ribbon displayed.
Tickets are on sale starting 2/1/2023 at Holiday Sports (Burlington), John’s Sporting Goods (Everett), LFS (Bellingham), and Dave’s Sporting Goods (Lynden). No tickets sold after April 30th. No refunds.
Weigh-in 4-6 pm at Friday Harbor Marina (Seafood slip M1, MAP HERE) and Skyline Marina (Highliner Charters, MAP HERE) in Anacortes, must be in line by 6:00pm both days (NO EXCEPTIONS). The biggest halibut by weight wins. Any ties will be settled by coin toss.
100% of all funds raised support Fish Northwest’s efforts restore sustainable recreational fishing opportunity in Puget Sound. All derby expenses are covered by our awesome sponsors.
Awards Ceremony Saturday night with food & raffle prizes
Please plan to join us at Brickworks Events Center (150 Nichols St, Friday Harbor · (360) 378-0095). There are no planned events at Skyline Marina besides the weigh-in.
- Doors open @ 5:30pm. We’ll BBQ hamburgers and hot dogs so come early!
- Ceremony is 6:30, should end by 7:30.
- Trophies and prize payouts for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, mystery weight. Need not be present to win.
- Awesome raffle prizes from our sponsors. IMPORTANT: Bring your derby ticket to receive a raffle ticket.
Schedule of events
Friday May 5th
- Weigh in 4-6pm @ Friday Harbor Slip M1 (MAP HERE) and Skyline Marina @ Highliner Charters (MAP HERE)
- Stop by for a free FNW t-shirt and other giveaways (while supplies last)! – FRIDAY HARBOR ONLY
Saturday May 6th